Home
ExcelCalcs
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
IBC2006E.xls (1 viewing) (1) Guest
This area of the Forum is reserved for notes about the Version history of items in the repository. A link to the related repository item is always included at the top of each thread.
Go to bottom Favoured: 478
TOPIC: IBC2006E.xls
ATomanovich (User)
Frog Prince (Platinum Boarder)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
IBC2006E.xls 7 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 53  
This forum thread will track of the version history of the following download:
IBC2006E.xls

A "new" (well at least new from me) spreadsheet workbook on seismic analysis per the IBC 2006 / ASCE 7-05 Codes. Originally I thought (and hoped) that this was going to be a simple task of making a copy of the workbook for IBC 2003 and editing it as required. Well, the editing turned out to be fairly extensive, since as most of you know the IBC 2006 Code basically defers to ASCE 7-05. In this workbook IBC 2006 Code sections are only used up to the point of determining the Seismic Design Category (SDC). Beyond that point, the workbook uses the ASCE 7-05 Code. This workbook incorporates the changes provided in Supplement No. 2 to the ASCE 7-05 Code.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/10/09 14:30 By ATomanovich.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
ATomanovich (User)
graphgraph
Re:IBC2006E.xls update to v.1.1 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53  
It was brought to my attention that in the "Vert. Tank or Vessel" worksheet of the “IBC2006E.xls” workbook for the calculated overturning moment in cell C73 the worksheet was always using the seismic coefficient, “Cs”, applicable for flexible tanks/vessels when calculating the overturning moment. I have made the necessary program logic corrections in cell C73, so that now it will use the appropriate coefficient, either "Cs" for flexible or "(0.30*SDS*I)" for rigid, when calculating the overturning moment, "Mo".

The workbook is now version 1.1.

Logged Logged  

ATomanovich (User)
graphgraph
IBC2006E.xls update to v.1.2 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53  
An operational "glitch" was discovered in the "Multi-Level Bldg." worksheet of the "IBC2006E.xls" seismic workbook. In cells C64 and C65 for determining the structure fundamental period parameters, "CT" and "x", the array logic for the VLOOKUP command was not encompassing the entire table. As a result, structural system items G4 through G7 and H1 at the bottom of Table 12.2-1 from the ASCE 7-05 Code were not being included. Thus, if any of those items were selected from the user input pick box in cell C17, several "#N/A" error messages resulted. This problem did not occur with any of the other coefficients and factors pulled from that table in this worksheet, and did not occur at all in either the "Single-Level Bldg." or "Multi-Level Bldg. (Drift)" worksheets.

The corrections have been made and this workbook is now version 1.2.

Logged Logged  

ATomanovich (User)
graphgraph
Re:IBC2006E.xls 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 53  
It was brought to my attention that I had a typo error in 3 of the worksheets. In input cell C15 of the “Multi-Level (Drift)” worksheet, as well as input cell 17 in both the “Arch. Components” and "M & E Components” worksheets, the displayed input data validation message erroneously was referring to the ASCE 7-02 Code, when it should have been the ASCE 7-05 Code. These typo errors were obviously “left-overs” from me having used the ASCE 7-02 workbook as a starting point to create the newer workbook.

The important thing was that the reference table and page number from ASCE 7-05 was correctly displayed in the body of each of those 3 worksheets.

I did not change the version number of the workbook for these very minor changes. It is still version 1.2.

Logged Logged  

ATomanovich (User)
graphgraph
IBC2006E.xls update to v1.3 6 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 53  
In the "Multi-Level Bldg. (Drift)" worksheet, I discovered that the allowable drift ratios were incorrectly presented. I had originally used the 2003 IBC Code version of this workbook, and merely edited it as required to create the 2006 Code version workbook. For some reason, I had inadvertently forgotten to edit the values for the allowable story drift ratios. I still had the ASCE 7-02 Code Table 9.5.2.8 values in that worksheet, when it should have reflected the values from the ASCE 7-05 Code Table 12.12-1. The values in those two tables are for the most the same. However, the significant difference in those two tables is that in the older code, the term "Seismic Use Group" (I, II, or III) is used, whereas in the newer code the term "Occupancy Category" (I, II, III, or IV) is used.

The comment box in cell G69 had the correct values based on "Occupancy Category", but as I said, the allowable drift ratios that were listed in tabular form for the various seismic resisting systems in the hidden calculations were incorrectly presented. Also, note that the comment box in cell G69 states that the first category of structures listed in Table 12.12-1 is not utilized by the worksheet.

Logged Logged  

ATomanovich (User)
graphgraph
update to version 1.4 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53  
It was brought to my attention that there was a typo error in the "M&E Components" worksheet of the "IBC2006E.xls" seismic workbook. In the replication of ASCE 7-05 Table 13.6-1 for seismic coefficients displayed off to the right of the calculation page (starting in column AI), the text for item "1f" was erroneously shown the same as that for item "1c".

Fortunately I did not have this typo error in the actual Table 13.6-1 that is hidden with the calculations and referenced/used by the input pick box in cell C17. While this was a minor point and did not effect the calculations/results in any way, I still wanted to make the correction.

This workbook is now version 1.4.

Logged Logged  

Go to top
We have 26 guests and 37 members online
Contact Us
post/emailEmail (preferred method of contact)
telephone US +1 617 5008224
telephone EU +44 113 8152220
Our Feeds
Repository RSS. Forum RSS. User Comment RSS. News RSS.