Updating Your Calculations
Thursday, 11 August 2011
From time to time authors may wish to update their calculations published at ExcelCalcs. This is how it is done:
Note to all users: You can check that you are using the most up to date version of a calculation by selecting ‘Updates’. If you downloaded a file which has since been updated it will be shown in a list.
- Log into the ExcelCalcs website
- Select “My Calcs’ to display everything you have uploaded.
- Select the calculation you would like to update.
- You’ll then see the “Update Submission” link; click on this to show a new upload page.
- Now use the ‘browse’ button to select the updated calculation to upload.
- You may wish to update the file description. This is written in HTML. If you are unfamiliar with HTML please just email us the change and we’ll do it for you.
- Raise the file version (e.g. if your file is currently version 1.3 and you have only made a small change raise it to version 1.4; If it is a major update then you may wish to raise it to version 2.0).
- Now click on the ‘Submit File’ button. Remember your old calculation will be over written.
- You can now view your updated calculation page.
- Please click on the ‘Version History’ button and post to say that your calculation has been updated to the new version and say why it has been updated. This will be automatically emailed everyone who has ‘subscribed’ to your calculation. It is the best way of ensuring that everyone is working with the latest version of your work. You can see a good example here.