"Thanks again for your excellent course this past week." "Thank you for the course last week, found it very interesting both from the perspective of a quick refresh, but also on how we can optimise the work we do." "Thanks for a very interesting and usef...
FLRPLATE.xls This Excel calculation can be downloaded by ExcelCalcs subscribers.Please login or Subscribe.
"FLRPLATE" is a spreadsheet program written in MS-Excel for the purpose of designing steel checkered floor
plate subjected to uniformly distributed loading.
This program is a workbook consisting of two (2) worksheets, described as follows:
- Doc - Documentation sheet
- Steel Floor Plate Design - Steel checkered floor plate design for uniformly distributed loading
All the worksheets are independent and self contained, so that you can move them from one workbook to another. All the worksheets are protected, but not with a password.
Program Assumptions and Limitations:
1. This program utilizes the formulas given in "Design of Welded Structures" by Omer W. Blodgett (James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation) in Table 1 on page 6.5-4. The formulas therein were taken from "Formulas for Stress and Strain", by Raymond J. Roark, for rectangular flat plates subjected to uniform pressure. These same formulas are found in "Design of Weldments" by Omer W. Blodgett (James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation) in Table 1 on page 4.6-4 as well.
2. This program follows the procedures and guidelines of the AISC 9th Edition Allowable Stress (ASD) Manual, (Fourth Impression 9/00), and the "Floor Plate Bending Capacity" Table found on page 2-145 is replicated off of the main calculation worksheet at the right side of the screen. Also, at the right side of the screen, there are two (2) additional allowable uniform loading tables, one based on flexural strength and the other based on deflection criteria. Both of these tables consider the user input value of the plate yield stress, 'Fy'.
3. If the user desires to simulate true one-way span action for the plate analysis and design, then a value of the plate long span, 'L', which is input should be at least 8 times the value of the plate short span, 'S'.
Check the version history to see how this calculation has changed over time. Use the Subscribe button to receive an automatic email should this calculation be updated to a higher version. Use the Favourite button so you can easily find this calculation in the future.
- Submitted On:
- 01 May 2013
- Submitted By:
- File Date:
- 01 May 2013
- File Author:
- Alex Tomanovich
- File Version:
- File Size:
- 89.50 Kb
- File Type:
- HTML Link:
- Copy code below to your web page to create link to this page:
- HTML Window:
- Copy code below to your web page to create a dynamic window to this download:
- Like This?:
- View the profile of the person who submitted this calculation and see all their other calculations hosted at ExcelCalcs.
- Need Help?:
- Use the comment feature below to raise any questions relating to this download. The question will be automatically emailed the author and all users subscribing to this comment thread.
I am pleased to report that XLC Ribbon works with the 32bit and 64 bit versions of Excel 2013 obtained using the free Office 365 Home Premium Preview. Excel 2013 looks a little flat and dull compared to previous versions but I think this is the influence of the new Windows 8 'metro' look and f...
New!XLC Ribbon For the first time XLC works with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Excel with an enhanced Office Ribbon display. It is a much simpler installation process than the previous Toolbar versions so you can be up and running in no time at all. ...
Hitachi have recently been awarded the largest ever UK rolling stock order and they’ll be bringing their Shinkansen bullet train technology to Europe. In August ExcelCalcs braved the stifling Japanese heat to deliver their ‘Fatigue of Welded Structures’ course to Hitachi b...
Our XLC software is a mathematical add-in for Excel. Generating equations direct from cell formulas it is an essential verification tool for engineers. Furthermore the ExcelCalcs community is the world’s most active producer of Excel solutions to engineering problems. The table below shows w...
Like a child selecting parts to construct a Lego model engineers bring together blocks of science to create new designs. These building blocks could be a load calculation, a beam calculation, a weld calculation, a fatigue calculation or any other calculation from a myriad of engineering topics. As...
The site is optimised for browsing on mobile devices like the iPhone or Android phones. To create a web app icon browse to http://www.excelcalcs.com/navigate/ and ‘Add to Home Screen’. You will find an icon much like an app icon on your home screen which will bring you straight back...
I have been chasing up feedback from new users signing up to XLC Pro accounts in the last month. I am delighted with their positive feedback. “I started using XLC but I am now insisting that my whole team use the add-in .“ “It is a great tool for validation and pres...
Engineering training - “I run a team of engineers and whilst there are plenty of soft options for training expounding the latest management techniques there is precious little to develop the engineering skills of my team”. This is a familiar story we hear from clients of our trai...