Effect of wind chill.xls
This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
KNOWN: A layer of fatty tissue with fixed inside temperature can experience different outside convection conditions.
FIND: a) Ratio of heat loss for different convection conditions
b) Outer surface temperature for different convection conditions
c) Temperature of still air which achieves same cooling as moving air (wind chill effect)
ASSUMPTIONS: 1) Steady-state conditions.
2) One-dimensional conduction through a plane wall.
3) Homogenous medium with constant properties.
4) No internal heat generation (metabolic effects are negligible).
5) Negligible radiation effects.
Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer - Frank P. Incropera
- Submitted By:
- John Doyle (JohnDoyle[Admin])
- Submitted On:
- 29 Jan 2008
- File Size:
- File Version: