Home
ExcelCalcs
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Calculate 468 elements or chemicals physical properties (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Any site contribution will be rewarded with subscription coupons as a way of saying thank you. If a site administrator likes your pitch he’ll instruct you to proceed. Be sure to follow these notes when preparing your pitch.
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Calculate 468 elements or chemicals physical properties
Johneboy23 (User)
Tadpole (Junior Boarder)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Calculate 468 elements or chemicals physical properties 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
This will be of interest to process chemical engineers.

I have developed a one-page program that shows the critical points and latent heats for 468 elements and chemicals, once the user selects the chemical from a drop down list. (A second page is the database, typically not seen or used by the user, except to make updates or modifications to the chemical data.)

Then the user can select a temperature in the user's choice of units and see heat capacity, liquid viscosity and vapor pressure.

Finally, after entering a volume in the user's choice of unit and a weight in the user's choice of units, the ideal gas law, Van der Waal's and Redlich-Kwong calculations are performed and displayed.

As I said all of this information is displayed on a one-page printout for a given chemical, temperature and pressure and volume. English units and SI units are chosen and displayed.

There are only seven user inputs to obtain all of this information.

1. Select a chemical from a drop down list, such as water.
2. Select a unit of temperature, degrees C or K or F or Rankine from drop down list.
3. Enter the numerical temperature
4. Select a unit of volume, cu. cm., cu. meter, gallon, or cu. feet, from drop down list.
5. Enter the numerical volume.
6. Select the unit of mass in grams, kilograms or pounds from drop down list
7. Enter the numerical mass.

The attached screenshot shows water at Standard Conditions, 0 deg C, 22.4 liters (entered as 22400 cu cm) and 1 gram-mole (entered as 18.015 grams for water). The pressure tables calculate about 1 atm or 14.7 psi, which is standard condition pressure.

Let me know if you would like to see the program or if I can answer any questions.

John V. Clemente, P.E.
El Lago, Texas

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
JohnDoyle[Admin] (Admin)
Mechanical Engineer.
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male MoreVision Location: LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE, UK Birthdate: 1965-02-24
Re:Calculate 468 elements or chemicals physical properties 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 494  
John it sounds like a very useful spreadsheet. I would be very pleased to see it. Thanks for your interest in the site.

Logged Logged  

Johneboy23 (User)
Tadpole (Junior Boarder)
graphgraph
Re:Calculate 468 elements or chemicals physical properties 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
John,

Here it is, I look forward to comments or questions.

Thanks

John Clemente

Logged Logged  
JohnDoyle[Admin] (Admin)
Mechanical Engineer.
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male MoreVision Location: LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE, UK Birthdate: 1965-02-24
Re:Calculate 468 elements or chemicals physical properties 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 494  
Thank you John. I have included your excellent data reference in the Repository. By way of thanks I have upgraded your account to XLC Pro membership for the next three months. I would be grateful if you would support your calculation in the forum.

Your file is here ChemicalProperties.xls

and your forum topic is here:

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/06/16 15:50 By JohnDoyle[Admin].

Johneboy23 (User)
Tadpole (Junior Boarder)
graphgraph
Re:Calculate 468 elements or chemicals physical properties 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks, John,

Yes, I would be interested in supporting the program in the forum. I know it is by no means, perfect, and I would like to see others comments.

Thanks again for the upgrade.

John Clemente, P.E.

Logged Logged  
Go to top
We have 13 guests and 39 members online
Contact Us
post/emailEmail (preferred method of contact)
telephone US +1 617 5008224
telephone EU +44 113 8152220
Our Feeds
Repository RSS. Forum RSS. User Comment RSS. News RSS.

Real Time Analytics