- guide other users to good content.
- thank an author (a little thanks goes a long way).
- add links to other related internet resources.
- endorse a calculation method to reassure other users.
- inform other users about any errors you may have spotted.
- inform an author about errors (they can correct and re-issue their calculation).
Get the most out of the forum:
All repository downloads have a link to an individual topic in the site forum. From the forum you can:
- Subscribe to a topic so when the calculation is updated or corrected a post will be made and subscribers are automatically emailed.
- You can also select a topic as a favourite to find things easily.
- Review and edit subscription and favourite topics by selecting 'My Profile' at the top of any forum page (note: its the top 'My Profile' that takes you to your Forum settings - not the 'My Profile' beneath which takes you to your general site settings).
vectors.xls by mlawson
Provides worksheet functions for: dot product of 2 vectors of arbitrary
length magnitude of a single vector of arbitrary length angle between 2
vectors of arbitrary length cross product of 2 vectors of 3 dimensions.
Calculate bending moments, shear, slope and deflection of a propped
cantilever at any point along its length when it is subject to a point
load at a single point. Beam bending is analyzed with the
Euler-Bernoulli beam equation.
Scissor Lift Mechanism.xls
A scissor lift mechanism uses a longitudinal thrust to lift a vertical load. The geometry is solved using the cosine rule and lifting forces and efficiencies are calculated.