Transmission Line Single Pole Analysis
Spreadsheet to analyze single wood pole structures for horizontal and vertical loading.
SIZE (kcmils or inch)
RATED STRENGTH (lbs)
HEAVY ICE w/WIND (4 psf)
HIGH WIND (NO ICE)
HIGH WIND ON STR.
Wind for Overturning Chk
SAG & TENSION DATA
Note: This calculation uses the Solver add-in which ships with Excel To use the Solver Add-in, however, you first need to load it in Excel.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button Office button image, and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Solver Add-in check box, and then click OK.
- Tip If Solver Add-in is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate the add-in.
- If you get prompted that the Solver Add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Solver Add-in, the Solver command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.
Full download access to any calculation is available to users with a paid or awarded subscription (XLC Pro).
Subscriptions are free to contributors to the site, alternatively they can be purchased.
Click here for information on subscriptions.
It's been five years since I uploaded this workbook...and I'm no longer doing much transmission line design.
That said, the button updates the table on the TSS-1 Table worksheet with the updated cable values from the data input worksheet.
If you review the VBA code, you'll see that the code is feeding the pole heights into the calculation worksheet and then pushing the calculated values back into table.
Since the table ends at 105, you'll always get 105 in the pole length cell.
Hope that helps.
I did not find any instructions for data entry with the TX pole analysis calculator. After downloading the solver was enabled and macros were enabled.
If you go to the calculation tab and put in a structure number from the pole data tab and then click on create pole table button (EFG,124 gray ) the Pole Length always resets to 105. This also happens even when the original download file data is unchanged. I presume the structure number is the left hand column of the pole data tab and is a required data entry. Is there a procedure for entering data that I need to use, or is this invalid data which crashed to calculator?