Transmission Line Single Pole Analysis
Spreadsheet to analyze single wood pole structures for horizontal and vertical loading.
SIZE (kcmils or inch)
RATED STRENGTH (lbs)
HEAVY ICE w/WIND (4 psf)
HIGH WIND (NO ICE)
HIGH WIND ON STR.
Wind for Overturning Chk
SAG & TENSION DATA
Note: This calculation uses the Solver add-in which ships with Excel To use the Solver Add-in, however, you first need to load it in Excel.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button Office button image, and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Solver Add-in check box, and then click OK.
- Tip If Solver Add-in is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate the add-in.
- If you get prompted that the Solver Add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Solver Add-in, the Solver command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.
Full download access to any calculation is available to users with a paid or awarded subscription (XLC Pro).
Subscriptions are free to contributors to the site, alternatively they can be purchased.
Click here for information on subscriptions.