2D FEA (1.5)
2D finite element analysis (stiffness method) with more than 51 degrees of freedom.
How to use this spreadsheet:
1) Input total number of nodes for the structure in cell E3 on the "FEA.Input" tab.
2) Define the xy coordinates for each node. Columns F & G on the "FEA.Input" tab.
3) Identify the "free" and "fixed" degress of freedom for each node. Columns H, I, & J on the "FEA.Input" tab.
4) Input the material properties for each member. Columns T, U, V, & W on the "FEA.Input" tab.
5) Input node/joint loads into columns AJ, AK, & AL on the "FEA.Input" tab.
6) Input member distributed loads in Columns AO & AP on the "FEA.Input" tab. (uniform, trapezoidal or triangular) sign convention is same as in step 5
7) Input option for an intermediate point load columns AS, AT, & AU on the "FEA.Input" tab. sign convention is same as in step 5
8) run analysis by pressing the "FEA" control button on the "FEA.Input" tab.
9) see results and deflection plot on the "Results" tab
The Gauss-Jordan method is used to over come the 51x51 "MINVERSE" limitation of excel .
Finite Element Method
02 Oct 2014
Downloads are available to members with an active subscription to the site.
Subscriptions are free to contributors to the site, alternatively they can be purchased.
Click here for information on subscriptions.