You need to register so that you can participate fully with the ExcelCalcs community. As a registered member:
- You'll get free XLC support through the site forum.
- You can ask authors about their calculations in the forum.
- You can subscribe to a calculation and we'll notify you when it is changed or is corrected.
- You can keep a list of your personal favourite calculations so you can find them again quickly.
- When you visit the site we'll highlight what's changed since you last logged in.
- You can upload your own calculations (and we'll love you for it).
- You have the option of subscribing to our 'getting started' emails which will get you up to speed quickly.
- You have the option of subscribing to the Excelcalcs Newsletter. Our regular email will keep you informed about new repository calculations and enhancements to XLC.
- Please note that all our emails include unsubscribe links (we hate spam too!).
- Your details are never divulged to third parties.
Helping You Make and Share Calculations with MS Excel
ExcelCalcs is a community who share an interest in making calculations with MS Excel. Use our XLC add-in for Excel to display cell formulas as easily readable mathematical equations. Downloading worked solutions from our Repository gives you a head start in solving technical problems. We charge members an annual subscription fee, we offer 50% discounts to academic members, we award free subscriptions to contributors and we offer free trials for the curious. See our subscription plans...
- Builds on existing Excel skills
- Use Excel files to distribute knowledge widely
- Fast learning curve compared to other Maths software
- Reuse of Repository items
- Access to expert knowledge in forum
- Double check cell formulae with mathematical equations
- Check directly against the textbook
- Learn quickly by example
- Reduce rework
- Quality assurance through forum feedback
- Low cost & higher return on your existing Excel software
- Insignificant cost when compared with MathCAD, Mathematica or Maple
- Free XLC Pro subscriptions to contributors
- Volume discount incentives
- Anyone can view our calculations pages for inspiration
- Free subscriptions for contributors!
- Free trial of XLC add-in and trial downloads
- $99 for a 12 month professional subscription and full site access
- 50% discount for students and teachers!
- Engineering consultants
- Finite Element Analysis
- Strain gauge testing
- World renowned client list
- Provided services since 1995
- Select training modules
- 1 to 5 days duration
- In-house any location
- Spreadsheets design tools
- Free XLC Pro subscriptions
- Excel Addins
- Custom spreadsheets
- Proven track record
- Fixed price contracts
"This standalone tool makes generation of equations directly from cell formulae’s in the smartest and fastest way." Freedownloadscentre Editor's review.
"With this add-in, you can finally turn those cryptic Excel formulas into recognizable mathematical equations." Vertex42 Five Star Review
"an addin that displays excel formulas symbolically for easy checking and for presentation. Displaying formulas is a real kick!" Eng-Tips Forum Five Star tip.
"I've had a play with it and it's great, it's driven me nuts for years having to do all my equations in equation editor and then update them when things change". Institute of Mechanical Engineers Forum Administrator"The best thing about XLC is that equations are a really great check on the cell formula. It's easy to make a mistake with Excel formulas (as I know because I make them all the time) but its easy to see where you have gone wrong when you check against equations." Debbie_Williams.
"I have only been using it for a week or so but XLC is an answer to my prayers. I had been using the MS equation editor which took hours of my time and I often mistyped. Now I can generate equations directly from cell formulas instantaneously. Great idea. Thanks again and well done." Helen_Miller.
"I think I will be ditching MathCAD and using this instead. Then I can send my calculations to anyone, we all have Excel whereas only a few of us have MathCAD." Boffin.
"There are loads of useful web calculations on the internet but the ExcelCalcs Repository gives it to me in an Excel format so I can easily copy and integrate them into my own calculations. This afternoon you saved me hours by downloading a repository calculation rather than authoring my own - thank you!" Mark_Rawlings.
"What a great plug-in I have been looking for something like this for years. Highly recommended!" jhardy.
The XLC add-in has been developed by the ExcelCalcs team and the latest version is available as a free download from the site. Excel is the world's most popular calculation tool and with the XLC add-in cell formulae can be displayed in easily readable mathematical notation!
Thankfully there are many tools available to find solutions to extremely complex problems. Typically these tools offer 'black box' solutions, they require input information and return a solution. They give users little insight of the mechanics of the problem and understanding of the physical phenomenon can be lost. To be able to determine a solution using classical calculation methods requires a thorough understanding of the problem. By understanding problems we are far better placed to propose innovative solutions.