This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
KNOWN: A 200mm long aluminium rod (Fig 5.30) of known elastic modulus, yield strength and safety factor is compressed by a specific force.
FIND: Determine the rod diameter
ASSUMPTIONS: 1) The rod is straight.
2) The pinned ends act to create an effective rod length of 200 mm.
3) The rod does not fail from compressive stress.
4) The buckling capacity of the material corresponds to line AE of Fig 5.28.
5) The Euler relationship applies.
Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer - Frank P. Incropera
- Submitted By:
- John Doyle (JohnDoyle[Admin])
- Submitted On:
- 29 Jan 2008
- File Size:
- File Version: