This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
"FLRPLATE" is a spreadsheet program written in MS-Excel for the purpose of designing steel checkered floor
plate subjected to uniformly distributed loading.
This program is a workbook consisting of two (2) worksheets, described as follows:
- Doc - Documentation sheet
- Steel Floor Plate Design - Steel checkered floor plate design for uniformly distributed loading
All the worksheets are independent and self contained, so that you can move them from one workbook to another. All the worksheets are protected, but not with a password.
Program Assumptions and Limitations:
1. This program utilizes the formulas given in "Design of Welded Structures" by Omer W. Blodgett (James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation) in Table 1 on page 6.5-4. The formulas therein were taken from "Formulas for Stress and Strain", by Raymond J. Roark, for rectangular flat plates subjected to uniform pressure. These same formulas are found in "Design of Weldments" by Omer W. Blodgett (James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation) in Table 1 on page 4.6-4 as well.
2. This program follows the procedures and guidelines of the AISC 9th Edition Allowable Stress (ASD) Manual, (Fourth Impression 9/00), and the "Floor Plate Bending Capacity" Table found on page 2-145 is replicated off of the main calculation worksheet at the right side of the screen. Also, at the right side of the screen, there are two (2) additional allowable uniform loading tables, one based on flexural strength and the other based on deflection criteria. Both of these tables consider the user input value of the plate yield stress, 'Fy'.
3. If the user desires to simulate true one-way span action for the plate analysis and design, then a value of the plate long span, 'L', which is input should be at least 8 times the value of the plate short span, 'S'.
AISC Steel Construction Manual
- Submitted By:
- Alex Tomanovich (ATomanovich)
- Submitted On:
- 01 May 2013
- File Size:
- 89.50 Kb
- File Version:
- File Author:
- Alex Tomanovich