"LINESEC" - SECTION PROPERTY CALCULATION FOR SECTIONS DEFINED BY LINES
"LINESEC" is a spreadsheet program written in MS-Excel for the purpose of calculating the section properties of any section comprising lines.
Program Assumptions and Limitations:
1. This program will calculate the centroid location, total cross-sectional area, moments of inertia, and radii of gyration for the centroidal axes and the principal axes if applicable. The value of the rotation angle between the centroidal and principal axes is also calculated.
2. Units are any consistent set of units the user desires.
1. Use 'TabCalc' worksheet to define section. First define points in the xy co-ordinate system (up to 25 points - only update cells with yellow background). Define line thickness and start point and end point of lines (up to 25 lines possible using cells with green background).
2. Your section will be drawn at the top of 'SecCalc' worksheet. You will need to adjust the aspect ratio of the chart (height to width ratio) so that the x scale equals the y scale other wise your section will appear to be skew. You may also adjust the line thickness scale factor for clarity.
3. If your section is not symmetric you will also be able to view the principal axis of the section.
4. In the section headed 'Stress Evaluation' you can apply loads to the section and calculate the stress at any location.
5. A chart is used to show stress at corner locations of each line.
1. The workbook is useful for assessment of sections made from fabricated plates.
2. The workbook is also useful for the assessment of weld lines.
31 May 2011
This download is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.